Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Celebrations in Singapore!

The wonderful thing I really love about Singapore is that we celebrate just about everything - the Oktoberfest, St Patrick's Feast, Dragon Boat festival, just name the festival/event and someone out there is probably organizing something.

Opps! I just realize that today is Canada day, isn't it? Well we Singaporeans like the really BIG festivals, dont' we? I mean is Canada even a country anyway? :P

One of my favourite parts from South Park - the movie!


I'm just joking! Jamie and I really love Canada! I would trade my life here for a life in Canada if I could!  I ADORE CANADA! Canada was where Jamie and I saw the Northern lights for the first time in our lives and where we attended out first festival together (the winter carnival in Quebec). And the food, my, my, absolutely delicious, fresh produce... and don't get me started on the charming waiters I wouldn't mind tipping and tipping and tipping just to have him come to our table again. 

Anyway, here's a picture to prove just HOW MUCH we enjoyed ourselves in Canada! 

Jamie and I enjoying ourselves in Fort Mcmurray (known as the armpit of Canada!) If we liked Mcmurray so much, what more the rest of Canada? :)

But now that Canada day is almost over, here's the next big thing to look forward to, the fourth of July of course! The American Association of Singapore (now, now, is there even a Canadian Association of Singapore? :P) is organizing am Independence Day celebration in Sembawang - FREE OF CHARGE! THERE WILL BE FIREWORKS!




Join In The Festivity, even if you are Canadian! 

Have a good weekend everyone! 
Don't forget, the promotion at the Peranakan museum promotion runs till 3rd July 2011 (that's Youth day by the way! :)

xoxo
liz & Jamie


1 comment: