Tuesday, June 14, 2011

yummy dumplings!

Now that the dumpling festival is officially over and prices have fallen, Jamie and I made a trip down to Joo Chiat to procure some of these edible tetrahedron a la Nonya. 

These were selling at SGD3.80 a piece during the dumpling festival but they are now going for eighty cents less!  

As I've said before, I prefer nonya dumplings to the original version. And I must say that Kim Choo's Nonya dumplings are one of the more tasty ones I've eaten!  The grains of glutinous rice are smooth and silky, while the insides are packed with sweet and savory goodness. 


What's in a dumpling: Lean Meat, Pork Fat, Chinese mushrooms (optional), chestnut, winter melon chopped into cubes, lots and lots of spices including coriander. The ingredients are then wrapped with glutinous rice in bamboo leaves and boiled for three hours! 

I also bought two more changs (one original, one nonya) and some onde onde for my parents to try. While they were good, they were not the best we've had, the Nonya Chang still triumphs all!

Kim Choo
109/111 East Coast Road, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment