Sunday, June 26, 2011

An Arabian Night

Scheherazade's stories did not just enthrall Shahrayar, I've been a fan ever since I was told the story of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. And for years I've tried searching for an affordable copy of the entire collection to no avail - the cheapest cost a couple of thousand euros!  Anyway, before Jamie chops off my fingers for rambling too much, here's pictures from our version an Arabian Night!  

Venue: Nabins@Sultan Gate. Nabins, the owner seemed like a very friendly chap over facebook messaging! And boy does he have such a lovely restaurant.

Let's Get Seated. A fairly large group of 20 wonderful people turned up for the event and the people at Nabins had to find us a larger spot to get comfy. 


Good Food is best shared :) Rad, Jamie, Josephine, Annar and I started off our evening with hummus to share. 

Our meat Platter - chicken, lamb shank, koefte, dory fish, fries, basmaniti rice ... we had it all! 


Arash clearly enjoying himself! :) Well, okay. I made his pose for this like 5 times! haha.  But I'm sure he DID enjoy himself, yes Arash? :)
Scheherazade's stories all end with a cliffhanger and it seemed like our Arabian Night was no different. As soon as dinner was served, we learned from our waitress that the famed belly dancers from Dessert Roses were missing!!!!!!

Some of us ordered Sheesha as we waited, hoping to conjure beautiful, sexy belly-shaking mirages. :P

"You must learn how to leave your audience in suspense" the wise storyteller of the Arabian Nights had remarked.

Nabins certainly understands this well, and perhaps like King Shahrayar, some of us may be back on another night for more drinks, more food, and more Sheesha, hopeful that the belly dancers would be there this time.

Oh, I know I've gone on for too long. But I can't help being quite long winded! But before I shut my trap for good, allow me to share one of my favorite version of the Arabian Nights. I believe the entire film is on youtube! (: Enjoy, it's really worth watching!!!


Thank you to all the wonderful people who turned up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment